Premium Surf Travel Insurance for worldwide surf travel, the original surf travel insurance provider offering surfers cover while surfing.
On and Off the water
As surfers, we understand the importance of comprehensive cover while surfing plus worldwide EVAC plans for emergency assistance 24/7 including cover for your accompanying surfboards. Talk to our surf travel insurance specialists today, to assist and customise your international and domestic travel insurance cover.
We can customise the travel insurance policies to suit your travel needs, for single trip, multiple trips and around the world adventures for individual’s, family and groups, if you’re travelling as a family, you can add your dependent children to your travel policy for no additional cost!
At Surf Travel Insurance, our customer’s health and wellbeing On and Off the Water has always been the core of our business.
- In 2013, STI Surf Travel Insurance mobilised (SIEEP) a Serious Incident Emergency Evacuation Procedure with Speciality Assist and WE Assist emergency services to provide a comprehensive medical evacuation plans for serious medical emergencies.
- STI collaborates with leading surf charter operators, resorts and surf camps.
- We co-ordinate with insurance emergency services to develop pre-planned EVAC procedures for surfers in remote surfing destinations.
- Including comprehensive medical evacuation plan for serious medical emergencies around the Mentawai’s, Telo, Sumatra, Banyaks, Nias, Bali, Maldives, and Fiji Islands for surf charters and resorts.
- Surf Travel Insurance provides specific surf, fish, snow and adventure travel insurance cover for international and domestic trips.
Contact with our specialist consultants today for individual’s, family and groups - comprehensive travel cover solutions for adventure travel.
Get a quote for your trip in three easy steps:
Apply now for Surf Travel Insurance and receive 10% off.
It is recommended to take out travel insurance when you pay your deposit, as this will ensure that you are covered in case of any unforeseen circumstances that may arise before your trip.
You’ll have the option of purchasing specialised cover for your trip by upgrading to one of the additional optional packs – Increase Cancellation costs, increased luggage cover, add snow cover, rental vehicle excess and Excess buy out
Extra Cancellation Option
You can select the maximum amount of cover – trip limit - required for cancellation related expenses, and we’ll let you know what the additional premium is. The standard trip limit for cancellation related expenses is $5,000. 'Cancellation related expenses' means the following claimable expense types;
New for Old Luggage Option
Standard luggage cover is provided with any policy, whereas New for Old Luggage cover only applies if you add specified items under our New for Old Luggage Option when buying the policy. With our standard cover, your luggage and personal items are covered for their depreciated value if they are stolen, lost or damaged.
If you plan on taking part in winter sports on your trip, add this option. Travellers who have purchased the Winter Sports Option will also have cover under other events that would normally be excluded if they occurred while participating in a winter sport:
Rental Vehicle Excess Option
If you plan on renting a vehicle, you should check out how much insurance excess you’d have to pay if the rental vehicle is in an accident, damaged or stolen. If the insurance excess is more than $5,000, you can choose to increase your cover under this policy for an additional premium.
Excess Buy-out Option
Allows travellers to reduce the standard excess on their policy to $0. The standard cover includes an excess, which is your contribution towards your out-of-pocket expenses when you make a claim, and it’s shown on your COI. If you claim under an event where an excess applies, the insurer will deduct the excess amount from what they pay.
Once you have requested your custom quote it’s easy to manage, simply click on the “Buy Now” button on the emailed quote to perform any of these tasks:
- Customise journey details - Add extra destinations, change travel dates and add travel companion
- Customise Comprehensive Travel Plan – Options include: Increase Cancellation costs, add snow cover, increased luggage cover, rental vehicle excess and Excess buy out
- Customise Basic Travel Plan - Options include: Increase Cancellation costs, increased luggage cover and Excess buy out
- Not ready to buy yet, no problems– Click to “Print Quote” or Click “Save and Email Quote” button
- Ready to buy now – Simply Click on “Continue Quote” button
- Click “Ok” to the Terms and Conditions
- Add travellers contact and personal details
- Payment by Visa and Mastercard
Once you have purchased your policy it’s easy to manage, simply click on the “Take me there” button to perform any of these tasks:
- Download your Certificate of Insurance
- Update your contact information
- Request to change your journey details
- Request to increase your cover
- Request to cancel your policy.
- Request a Claim Form
Have your policy number and mobile handy, you’ll need these to log on.
- With information designed specifically to each journey, we provide practical expert advice about:
- Visas, health and other requirements
- Talking with the locals (and with those back home)
- How to avoid trouble on the road
- Dealing with events impacting customers while they are away
- What they should do in an emergency, whether big or small
- With the SureSave App travellers always have policy information on hand and access to help from Suresave’s 24 hour Emergency Assistance team.
Help & Emergencies
We Assist is the Australian based emergency call centre for SureSave policies holders. For 24hr worldwide emergency assistance call +61292343113 or +61285561513
SIEEP for Surfing
Surf Travel Insurance work with leading surf charters, resorts and surf camps while coordinating with insurance emergency services to develop pre-planned EVAC.
We have developed an internal database of providers for our team to use on cases with quick reference to hospitals/clinics as well as other providers (ground transfers, hotels, local agents etc). As soon as our team are activated on a case, we review our database for the closest facility that we can refer to. Our business partners are trusted providers who offer local knowledge as well as the ability to obtain crucial information (medical reports), as well as guarantee payments on our behalf, ultimately a seamless class for our travellers so that they are not out of pocket.Lisa | WE.Assist Operations Manager
Telo Island SIEEP 26/08/2013Monika | Operations Coordinator
A reported head trauma was reported which activated an air-ambulance with neurosurgeon onboard for the flight transfer. Air Ambulance was activated for this case and Patient was transferred to Singapore hospital for emergency surgery. The time line was under 6hrs to get patient to Singapore Hospital including: time for Refuelling air-ambulance, Clearance & Immigration requirements. Please note this procedure was in half the time estimated originally, due to improved remote airfields and air-ambulances.